The most common vocabulary in IELTS Listening
رایج ترین واژگان در لیسنینگ آیلتس
در لیسنینگ آیلتس باید با طیف وسیعی از واژگان آَشنا باشید و بتوانید اکثر آنها را به درستی بنویسید. در ذیل شما را با یکسری از واژگانی که در چهار بخشلیسنینگ آیلتس می آیند آشنا می کنیم. با فرا گرفتن این واژگان می توانید در مهارت لیسنینگ عملکرد بهتری داشته باشید و در نتیجه نمره بالاتری کسب کنید.
Part 1 IELTS LISTENING VOVABULARY
1. Days of the week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Quick Tip:Wednesday is commonly misspelled.
2. Months of the year: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Quick Tip:The first ‘r’ in February is often forgotten.
3. Shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, cylinder
4. Transportation: automobile, truck, tractor, subway, aircraft, train
5. Colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, black, brown
Quick Tip: Colour spelled with a ‘u’ is the Canadian/British spelling. In the US, it is spelled ‘color’ without a ‘u’. Both are correct and a matter of preference.
6. Verbs: suggest, develop, borrow, persuade, discuss, review, concentrate, believe, crash
Quick Tip:Sometimes verbs are conjugated for gender, tense, etc. The difference could give you an incorrect answer.
7. Adjectives: beautiful, necessary, fantastic, comfortable, convenient, wonderful, terrible, temporary, permanent, knowledgeable, various
Numbers, times, and currencies also commonly appear in Part 1 of the listening test. Recording the corresponding number or symbol is suggested because this will help eliminate the possibility of spelling the word incorrectly.
For example, thirty dollars is the same as $30 on the listening test. Also, six o’clock and 6:00 are the same as well. Finally, ten thousand and 10,000 are also both correct. Writing the number or symbol allows you to feel confident in your answer.
Part 2 IELTS LISTENING VOVABULARY
In Part 2 of the IELTS listening test, there are a variety of question types. For example, some questions involve maps so there is vocabulary that may be helpful to know.
1. Rooms in buildings: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, den, library, gymnasium, cafeteria, classroom, waiting room
2. Place markers: street, road, avenue, lane, drive, court
There is some vocabulary you should be listening for, but may not have to write down when doing a map question in Part 2, which will allow you to follow the map more easily.
3. Directions: north, south, east, west, up, down, right, left, straight, across from, between, beside, diagonal, corner
Being familiar with academic related vocabulary may be helpful for Part 3.
Part 3 IELTS LISTENING VOVABULARY
1. School terms: presentation, project, teamwork, pairs, organization, outline, proofreading, experiment, reference, lecture, assessment, tutor, attendance, specialist, knowledge, faculty, bachelor’s, schedule, management, leadership, questionnaire, statistic, percentage, laboratory
Quick Tip: North Americans pronounce ‘laboratory’ in three syllables: lab-bra-tory. British english speakers pronounce the same word using four syllables: lab-or-a-tory.
2. Subjects in school: Mathematics, Science, English, Physical Education, Art, Music
3. Subjects in university: Commerce, Biology, Psychology, Engineering, Marketing, Sociology, Physics, Chemistry, History, Geography, Architecture, Law, Philosophy, Economics
Part 4 IELTS LISTENING VOVABULARY
The vocabulary used is still words that are common knowledge even though Part 4 is the most difficult part. There could be a range of topics as Part 4 is also based on academics. Here is some vocabulary that is frequently used.
1. Health: vegetarian, leisure, disease, vitamin, protein, carbohydrates, exercise, treatment
2. Animals and their habitat: mammals, reptile, primates, predators, prey, mountain, jungle, forest, island, pond, river, stream
3. Continents and Countries: North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Europe, Antarctica, Australia, Oceania, England, Canada, China, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland
4. Environment: global warming, disaster, earthquake, tornado, blizzard, hurricane, pollution, temperature, drought
5. Government: politics, senator, mayor, laws, regulations, senate, president, society
Quick Tip: The word ‘society’ is one of the most commonly misspelled words on the IELTS test.
6. General: appointment, cooperation, employment, government, exhibition, occupation, aluminum, century, decade, millennium, individual, creativity, guarantee, satellite, opportunity, license, frequently, calendar, different
Quick Tip:The words ‘government’ and ‘different’ are two of the most commonly misspelled words on the IELTS test. Also, ‘aluminum’ is pronounced with four syllables in North American english: a-lu-min-num. It is pronounced with five syllables in British english: al-u-min-i-um.